Thursday, September 19, 2013

Marnee

Your godmother is Marnee. We've been friends since the 7th grade, and she knows me better than almost anyone. We're the best friends who've been through war and come out unscathed on the other side. She is the person I trust to take care of you if I'm no longer here. There are times that we've drifted apart, unintentionally hurt each other, and taken each other for granted; but at the end of everything, we always find our way back. I've learned so much about myself through my friendship with her.

One day I hope you will have a best friend like Marnee. You will always need that person, and when they're far away you will ache to see them. It's the kind of relationship that teaches you how to be with someone else and how to open your heart. That person will teach you patience, loyalty, and you will learn how to be honest with yourself by being honest with that person.

To quote an old TV show - "She's my person". Once you find your person, don't ever let them go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment